Re: Use of acronyms

I think "radsafe" should be useful round over the world. In this case it
would be nice, if the acronyms of the typical use of only a part in
radsafe-land would be explained.
Since I entered to radsafe two months ago I've learned the meaning of a lot
of the used abbreviations like RSO, DOE, HP or so on. I am hopeful to go
further on with learning by studying the radsafe-postings.
By the way (BTW) the correct meaning of MOX is Mixed Oxide.
Mixed Oxide Fuel Rods do their work in several Nuclear Power Plants (NPP) in
germany.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all radsafers from good old germany.

Peter Hewing
Siemens Power Generation Group(KWU)
Department RB4(Decommissioning, Radiation Protection)
PO-Box 1240
D-63787 Karlstein/Germany
Tel. 49-6188-780-251
Fax. 49-6188-780-690