Acronyms !

This morning Al Castellane of Oregon Health Sciences University pointed out
to me that one of my posting was responsible for the string on acronyms.
My apologies to all, if that was the case.

There are plenty of publications on acronyms.  A handy one is " A Handbook
of Acronyms and Initialisms" published by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission
( NUREG-0544- Rev.2 later).  Other sources include appendices to any
environmental Impact Statements put out by the DOE. My e-mail address is
s_pillay@lanl.gov.

Here is what I wrote to Al this morning.

Dear Al:

Sorry about the acronyms.  But, I noticed that susequent discussions have
resolved the MOX acronym problem.

MOX - Mixed Oxide of Uranium and Pluitonium.  Normally, the light water
fules have about 3% plutonium and the breeder fuels have about 30%
plutonium. Both are called MOX fules.

ACDA  - Arms Control and Disarmament Agency of the US State Department.

OSTP - Office of Science and Technology Policy at the White House.

AIP -  American Institute of Physics.

Have a pleasant holiday season

SAM Pillay
s_pillay@lanl.gov.