re: Request for Info

     On Fri, 20 Dec 1996 12:54:47 -0500
     Dick Patterson wrote:

     >I am looking for a source of High Density Polyethylene 4ft x 6 ft x
     >at least 4 inches.  Can anyone help?  I am also looking for someone
     >who casts HDPE.

     >Dick Patterson
     >PracSys Corp
     >603 890 8555; fx: 603 890 8558
     >e-mail: psc1@concentric.net

     Mr. Patterson,

     While this is not a direct answer to your request for info, you (and
     hopefully, other RADSAFE folks) may find it useful:

     I tried a search using "GTE Super Pages" on the internet.  With the
     category set to 'Plastics' and the State set to 'CA' I got 5949 hits
     in 71 categories.  When I set the State set to 'NH' I got 338 hits in
     32 categories.  I'm sure a selective search would yield something more
     workable.  I didn't try to narrow the search for you because I assume
     you'd like to find a local supplier and I don't exactly where in the
     603 area code you are.

     I've used this method often to find local providers of just about
     anything I want.  Once you select a particular listing, just click on
     it and it will draw you a map and give you detailed instructions on
     how to get there from where ever you are (as long as you're within
     1000 miles of the place.)  If you haven't used GTE Super Pages before,
     you can find them at:

     http://yp.gte.net/ypform.phtml?

     Good luck,

     Jack D. Topper
     Radiation Assessment Group
     Environmental, Health and Safety Division
     Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
     jdtopper@lbl.gov