Re: RADIATION AND THE PUBLIC

moshe levita wrote:

> --- On Fri, 13 Dec 96 11:18:14 -0600  MIKE RUSSELL
> <russelmj@songs.sce.com> wrote:
>      Moshe,
>
>      Since this information may be of general interest:
>
>      The National Radiological Protection Board produces the At-a-Glance
>      Leaflet Information series.
>
>      NRPB Information Office
>      Chilton, Didcot, Oxon OX11 ORQ
>
> Dear Radsafers,
>
> We would like to publish a pamphlet for the general public explaining
> what radiation is (ionizing and non ionizing), sources of radiation,
> radiation risks and how to avoid unnecessary exposure.
>
> The pamphlet will cover the use of radiation in medicine, microwave
> ovens, cellular telephones, transmission lines, radon etc.
>
> Has anyone come across similar published material dedicated to the
> general public ?
>
> Any information will be welcome.
> Please send replies to my private e-mail.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Moshe Levita
> Chief Radition Executive
> Ministry of Health
> Israel
>
> E-mail: mlevita@netvision.net.il

There is a similar publication from Landauer, Inc. in the USA.  They are
a dosimetry processor.  The publication is part of a series of pamphlets
titled NEXUS.  I am not sure if they are available to the general public
per se but certainly to their clients.
--
Emery E. Roberts, ASNT Level III, file #MM-837 email:
emery1@ix.netcom.com or emery@ptl.com