Re: RADIATION AND THE PUBLIC

I can't help noticing how oxymoronic the original request was. Am I wrong,
brothers and sisters, or is the operative idea not to spread this sort of
information as far, wide, and authoritatively (not sure of my grammatical
cases here, folks), as possible?

Anyway, the fact is that Landauer, Inc., does have a good series of
pamphlets, for non-HP's, and some of them may be appropriate for the general
public. I am forwarding this exchange, to them, to cover the unlikely
possibility that none of them will see it, out of a sense of "filial" duty.
And, I shall look through my own shelves, to see what they may bear.

The problem of "public education" is nearly impossible to approach, at the
generic level. No member believes that speeches about the safety of
 "NUCLEAR" things. What this means is that it helps, if you can identify your
"target groups", at the planning stage. This is the only thing that's going
to give a "leg up".

But, I suggest that the most productive way he could start his research would
be to go to: www.yahoo.com, and enter: " Radiation Health Public Education"
as a trial search-string. I have no doubt that, with diligent pursuance, he
could find several useful sources, that way.

I wish a Happy, and productive, New Year, for all readers of this message.

Chris Alston
ccja@aol.com