Re: O'Leary apologizes for Plutonium Tests -Reply

Keith, my response to your questions are: (1) I doubt that Ms. O'Leary was "that
misinformed;" she is a bright lady and I am sure she said what she believed to be in her
political best interests. (2)  As to how to get the 'straight scoop,' I can only suggest either
reading the technical reports or asking someone you trust who has read the DOE documents.

I could attest to finding the "human radiation experiments" harmless, but perhaps it is more
meaningful to quote the conclusion of DOE/EH-0491: "The greatest harm ... may be the
legacy of mistrust ..."  Of course, the report was presented so as to maximize the distrust
without actual  falsification.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov