OPINION - was O'Leary apologizes for Plutonium Tests

At 04:59 PM 1/2/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Keith, my response to your questions are: (1) I doubt that Ms. O'Leary was
"that
>misinformed;" she is a bright lady and I am sure she said what she believed
to be in her
>political best interests. (2)  As to how to get the 'straight scoop,' I can
only suggest either
>reading the technical reports or asking someone you trust who has read the
DOE documents.

>I could attest to finding the "human radiation experiments" harmless, but
perhaps it is more
>meaningful to quote the conclusion of DOE/EH-0491: "The greatest harm ...
may be the
>legacy of mistrust ..."  Of course, the report was presented so as to
maximize the distrust
>without actual  falsification.

I'll apologize ahead of time for ranting, I've been chewing Espresso beans.

So, here we are, all calmly attesting to the blatant corruption and
dishonesty of our political 'leaders'.  Am I the only one who wants to put
all the b---ards in jail for fraud waste and abuse in spending millions of
dollars of hard earned taxpayer's money to pay off a bunch of whiners who
were never harmed in the first place?  I'm admittedly un-learned in
politics, but what is the motivator for a politician to parade around
(falsly) attesting to the evils perpetrated by his/her government?  Does
that make him/her the grand 'exposer', the champion of the people?  How
short-sighted.  I would think even the most dense of our politicians would,
out of self-protection, see a flaw in government officials trying to drum up
mistrust for the government.

This really makes me sick.

Keith Welch
Newport News VA