Re: I want to speak up

The statement that on gram of plutonium can wipe out a whole city is true
only in the sense that one gallon of water can do the same by having each
citizen drown in it one at a time. If one gram of plutonium is released
into a city in the most effective way for doing harm, the number of deaths
expected has been shown to be zero, with very high probability.
(References can be given for this).
	With regard to the other statements, the short reply is that
detailed scientific risk analyses of each of these problems shows that the
nuclear alternative is very much less harmful to human health than any
other technology for generating electricity.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260