I want to speak up

OK gang, time for me to speak up, in writing, to one of the local
"newspapers" (if I can use the word).  The problem is that my words get
jumbled.  Here are selected parts of the the  "shock and appalled"
letter to the editor that I feel must be rebutted.  Please, no flames or
outrage reactions.  I need clear, sharp and short arguments.

Thanks.

Emelie Lamothe

Letter to the editor text - verbatim

Uranium mining:
The wastes from uranium mining (tailings) emit radioactive gases which
are carried great distances by the wind;  these tailings pollute
groundwater, streams, and lakes with toxic chemicals.  At Elliot Lake
alone, there are 4, 400, 000 cubic metres of tailings near the mines
which will remain hazardous for centuries.

Uranium refining:
Not only are refinerey workers exposed to radiation but they aare also
exposed to toxic chemicals used in processing the uranium.

Reactor operations:
About 70 per cent of the heat generated in a reactor is absorbed as
waste heat in the adjacent body of water, creating thermal pollution.
Plus routine emissions of radioactive particles into air and water.

High level waste management:
There is no known scientific method of either dispersing or neutralizing
the deadly effect of this waste.

Question to the Minister of Parliament

... how can you announce [ed.  your government will move nuclear waste
from one part of the province to another]thereby subjecting all your
constituents to a deadly legacy of land and water pollution?

And now your grovenment proudly announces that Canada is planning to
burn weapons' grade plutonium from the USA and Russian in its reactors.
Have you or your government told the public that plutonium remains
deadly for a quarter of a billion years?

Have you told your constituents that the transportation of plutonium is
extremely hazardous?

Have you told us that one gram of plutonium can wipe out an entire city?

Please do not insult us fruther by assuming that we will trade the
health of our land, our water, our air and our future generations for
job security and money.

etc.