Re: Keypads

Sue,

	This is not a direct answer to your question; but, rather sharing our past
experience in this area.

In the past I had a special order made up by one of the keypad lock
manufacturers that makes
computer security cables and key pads.  I had the long cable shortened to
about 6 inches and then put on the pad at 90 degrees to what it "normally"
would be placed.  The pads stick well to the refrigerator/freezer door.
Locks -- either combination or key -- were used to secure the cable ends.

About a year ago, I tried to get some more.  Also, Dan Caulk of RSO tried.
Neither of us were successful.  This looks to me like a nitche market that
someone like RMI or RSO should get into.  All of us in University settings
need this type of device to "secure" RAM in the laboratories.

At 12:51 01/13/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings!  We're looking for a convenient way to secure the refrigerators
>and freezers our researchers use to store radioisotope stock solutions.
>We'd prefer not to use padlocks, combination or keyed, because we assume
>that researchers will be tempted to leave the padlock unlocked and hanging
>loose.  So we're trying to locate a source of keypad locks that could be
>installed on refrigerators.  Can you suggest any vendors?
>
>Thanks much for your help!
>
>Sue M. Dupre, Health Physicist
>Office of Occupational Health & Safety
>Princeton University
>E-Mail:  dupre@princeton.edu           Phone:  609/258-6252

CAPT Jerry A. Thomas,  MSC, USN
Chief Radiological Physics
Department of Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799

mailto:thomas@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Phone:   (301) 295-3246