Re: $2500 award

Bernie,

It seems to me that a second grand radiation epidemiology experiment
might be done with background photon and muon radiation instead of
radon.

That is, correlate average county external dose rate with cancer rate by
county.  The external background dose rates might be obtained from
several large dosimetry services (e.g. Landauer, ICN, etc.) whereby
their background dosimeters are assumed to represent the average dose
rate in that county. I would think that there are 1e+5 or more
background dosimeter readings available. Perhaps one would have to
correct for extra dose if they were shipped by air.

Of course, the first step would be to assess if this study would have
the statistical power to show a correlation if there were one.

Cheers,

Wes

PS  As to my $2500 award, just put it in escrow, because I'm sure a
better idea will come along.   ;-)

--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                   KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Assoc., Inc.      vanpeltw@mail.idt.net