Tritium Bromide

A researcher at my facility is considering using a tritium bromide stock
tracer in her research.  I can deal with the H-3 aspect, but the bromide
"mixed waste" component is another matter.  The bulk of the waste will be in
aqueous liquid form, which we have approval to dispose of bulk liquid
containing RAM under certain isotopic concentration levels down the sanatary
sewer.  But, taking into consideration the Bromide( 0.1 ml / 2.5 gal.
container ), I am a little vary of doing this.  Has anyone had to face this
particular issue in the past.  Please E-mail me directly with any thoughts
or suggestions.   Thanks again Rad-Safers.

Earl Smalts, RSO
Texas State Univ. Health Sci. Center
ssdehs@ttuhsc.edu