Re: Request for Information

K. K. S. Pillay wrote:

> I have a request from Singapore to identify items that might contain
> radiaoctive materials  and likely to end up in scrap metal.

The most hazardous item, based on historical events, is a teletherapy
source that is not identified as such.  Obviously, such an item is not a
"product" in the sense of the word in the message from Singapore.
However, unidentified sources have been the greatest world-wide problem
for steel manufacturers and others.  To get a list of products that
contain radioactive materials, I would contact the USNuclear Regulatory
Commission.  They should be able to supply all the information that
Singapore needs, at least from the US standpoint.  Al Tschaeche
xat@inel.gov