Media again

Radsafers:

I know that media treatment of radiation has been discussed
extensively here so I don't mean to start a long thread, just vent a
little.

My peeve is that TV reports studiously fail to mention that
radioactivity is involved when they are showing something good or
useful. My case in point is the Scientific American Frontiers program
the other night. They used PET scans to show glucose utilization in
the brain without ever saying the dread R-word. I have seen this
before with DNA testing for example.

It would be helpful if they would at least mention radiation in a
good contxt once in a while!

Ken

Kenneth H. Douglass, Ph.D.
Director, Radiation Safety