Re: NRRPT

I think that anyone who attempts to further their knowledge base
through education and the pursuit of certifications, accreditations
or any other form of peer review should be commended. The choice to
pursue additional opportunities is the sole choice of the individual.
If the reason one choses to add all sorts of "acknowledgements"
behind their name is solely for economic gain, then they are saddly
dissillusioned. To gain in a health physics career one must be hard
working, hands on experience, a good educational background (advanced
degrees aren't necessary), good use of common sense and logic, and to
be respected by their peers. To reject the pursuit of the NRRPT
because others "frown" upon it would be a shame. I have worked with
many in the nuclear power industry who have attained the NRRPT. I
funded my dosimetry techs while at FPL so that they could attain the
satisfaction of studying, taking and obtaining the NRRPT, if they so
choose. I respect all who take that extra step to further their
career goals and learning. So, don't listen to those who distract you
from your goals. Seek out, and ignore those who do not have your best
interest in mind.

Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division