No Subject

I encourage all NRRPT Members and other interested parties to submit the
following comment, or equivalent, in response to the proposed revision of
10CFR835, "Occupational Radiation Protection." This revision appeared in
the Federal Register on December 23, 1996 (Vol.61, No.247).  Even if you
are not working in the DOE sector or Registered with the NRRPT, you are
entitled and to comment. Inclusion of the NRRPT credential in 10CFR835
indicates a standard of excellence in the area of technician qualifications
and enhances the value of Registration.  Similar wording is already
contained in the DOE RadCon Manual.

"In Subpart J., "Radiation Safety Training," Section (e), I request that
the following wording is added: Registration with the National Registry of
Radiation Protection Technologists is encouraged."

Send the comment to: Dr. Joel Rabovsky, U.S. Department of Energy, Office
of Worker Protection Programs and Hazardous Management.  EH-52, 1000
Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC 20585

Comment must be received by Feb. 21, 1997.  A floppy disc with the text in
an ASCII file or in WordPerfect 5.0 or later would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mike Boyle, RRPT, CHP
Chairman, National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists