Re: Re[3]: NRRPT

At 05:37 PM 1/26/97 -0600, you wrote:

>There has been some debate among my coworkers as to the value of NRRPT
>certification.  I found the exam to be very difficult and feel proud of my
>achievement.  Some coworkers feel it is overrated and not significant.
> Although I would consider myself far inferior in the field to the majority
>of "Radsafer's" I would appreciate some more knowledgable thoughts.
>
>Thanks
>Mace Davis

As one of the "ancient" NRRPTer's (Jan 16, 78), I've watched the exam and
employer reactions for a long time.  Many "enlightened" companies have finally
realized the importance of NRRPT registration along with their employee's.
However, there will always be those that think it a waste of time.  In
addition,
NRRPT registration has been "officially" recognized as equivalent to 32
undergraduate credits or 16 graduate level credits (it might be 24 and 12?) by
the same institution that accredits colleges and universities?  Ken Scrable
testified to the board during it's review for credit.

It's not a waste of time and I would ignore the background chatter and
pursue it!

      _/_/        _/_/      _/_/_/_/   Robert M. Loesch
     _/  _/    _/   _/     _/         US Department of Energy
    _/	  _/  _/      _/   _/         EH-52, GTN, 270CC
   _/	  _/ _/       _/  _/_/_/_/   19901 Germantown Road
  _/    _/  _/      _/  _/         Germantown, MD  20874-1290
 _/    _/    _/   _/   _/         Tel: 301 903-4443;  Fax: -7773
_/_/_/       _/_/     _/_/_/_/   loesch@spok.eh.doe.gov
 "The definition of a public health disaster is a catastrophe so large
     that an epidemiologic study can detect it."    David Ozonoff