Re: NRRPT

Although, as a CHP, I have never taken the NRRPT exam, I have taught an
informal preparation class and have talked with several who have passed this
exam.  What seems to be the best single resource is the book, "Basic Radiation
Protection Technology," by Daniel A. Gollnick.  It's published by Pacific
Radiation Corporation, 2945 Stonehill Drive, Altadena, CA 91001, phone
818-798-8100.  If you thoroughly review this book, and understand it, you have
a good chance of passing this exam.
I find that group study is effective.  If you can find a CHP or NRRPT
individual to lead the group, so much the better.

Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com

Glad to see the vote of confidence for the NRRPT.

I'm about to drive into the mess and try the exam in May 97. Can anyone
point me in the direction of some good resource material?

I and aboubt 6 of my co-workers are going to try. I'm looking for some
infor I can freely distribute to the others (no copyright infrgiments)
or sources I can lead them to if they have money to send. (Unlike me you
is married with childeren).

What are the best training material availible at the prestent? Any
suggestion will be helpful.

Thank You

Bob