Re: radwaste deal with N. Korea

Sandy Perle wrote:
Taipower declined to disclose financial terms, but Taiwan
> media said the utility had agreed to pay cash-strapped Pyongyang
> US$1,150 per barrel.
If the USA shipped its low level radioactive waste to North Korea for
$1,150 per barrel plus shipping costs, would that not be less expensive
than what we pay now to burry it at Hanford and Barnwell (and
soon-to-be, I hope) Ward Valley?  What are the costs per barrel at those
facilities?

On that note, what, if any, are the international agreements about
transferring low level waste among nations?  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov