Re: <NULL>

Message authorized by:
    : mjboyle@dpcmail.dukepower.com_at_INTERNET at X400PO
     I agree with the intent of encouraging NRRPT cert. for Subpart J of
     the amendment to 10 CFR 835.  However, "encouraging employees" is
     neither auditable nor enforceable.  Health Physics Technician
     qualifications are a difficult question.  The Department of Energy
     (DOE) has many hazards that are not really taken into consideration
     for examination by NRRPT.  I don't really think that a single exam
     (NRRPT or something else) will fully qualify a Health Physics
     Technician for work at all DOE sites.

     If you wish to make comments on the proposed amendment, please take
     the time to read the original and the proposed changes.  The federal
     register is an excellent source for these documents as well as the DOE
     Technical Information Service (ESH TIS).  Try the following address
     for 10 CFR 835:

     http://tis-nt.eh.doe.gov/wpphm/835/835.htm

     The ESH TIS can be visited at:

     http://tis.eh.doe.gov/tis.html

     The DOE Home Page can be visited at:

     http://www.doe.gov/

     There's some great information on these web pages.  Have a good time
     reading.

     Good luck!

     Pete Darnell
     US DOE Fernald