Re: old activity units

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Roy C. Craft wrote:

> Since I am on the "digest plan" I am a little slow to respond.  As a user
> of sources in the early 50's, I can say that mc stood for millicuries (
> if in caps, for Magacuries ) the "u" was used for micro.
> --
> Roy C. Craft CHP
> 1707 Pecan St.
> Bay City, TX
> 77414
> rcraft@tgn.net
> (409)245 9991

I disagree.  The abbreviation MC was also used for mCi (millicurie), both
on older sources and in the literature.  This puts emphasis on the need
for consistent units and abbreviation of these units.  The possibility of
ambiguity ends when the SI is used!
Les Fraley
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO 80523