Re: NRRPT vs 10CFR835

> -The DOE RadCon manual does in fact encourage the recognition of NRRPT
>certification, but does
[Editorial note: I think the word "not" was omitted here]
>imply that it qualifies an RCT to work at any site.
> It is used instead to eliminate the Core academic training requirement of
>the RCT program.

A new (January 1997) draft is available for comment at
http://apollo.osti.gov/html/techstds/tsdrafts/tsdrafts.html
In this new draft 642.5 still "encourages" NRRPT, but 642.6 which said
"Sites are encouraged to give credit ..." is omitted.

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)