Re: Psychological Impact

If we consider only the US for a moment........

Aren't there many more things that we can recycle besides nuclear
reactor parts?...It seems to me that there must be thousands of other
sources for recycled steel than used reactor vessels, etc.  Granted,
the amount of recyclable stuff coming from a decommissioned reactor
may seem large, but compared with the many thousands of other
recyclable things being torn down and taken apart, the reactor
components seem trivial and perhaps best left out of the recycling
stream......regardless of its relative safety.....public perception
is everything!

PS - May I inquire as to where you are employed in the gov't, Dr.
Tschaeche?

Ron Amoling
RSO
Joslin Diabetes Center