Re: Disposing of old LSC's

I used to work for a LSC manufacturer and was responsible for writing
the license to distribute the sources under a general license.  In
the instructions we sent to the customers,  there was information
on how to return the source.  We would take the source back (or, for
that matter, the calibration vials) and dispose of them for the
customer for free.  That was about 4 years ago,  I don't know if
they charge for disposal now.

You can remove the source and dispose of it yourself.  The only
downside would be loss of warranty if the machine was still under
warranty.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vince Chase
Radiation Safety Officer
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
The opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not represent
the opionions, policies or actions of Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.