Re: Containers for Type A

Eric,

In a university setting, the odds are you will not need any industrial
package for the transport of LSA/SCO material.

While the IP's are authorized for domestic transport,  the DOT also
authorizes any container meeting the new 173.410 requirements for LSA/SCO
material not exceeding an aggregate A2 value per container.   If by chance
the aggregate activity exceeds an A2 value,  the DOT authorizes the
"modified" 7A Type A for domestic transport of LSA/SCO material.

In recent RSO magazines, I authored a series of articles concerning LSA/SCO
material transport and changes to the Radioactive Material Transportation
Regulations.

If you have any questions call/email me.

Charles Smith
Applied Radwaste Management, Inc.
(803) 926-8558
arminc01@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/arminc01/arminc.htm
Next
Radioactive Material Transportation and Disposal Seminar April 7-11 Salt Lake
City