Personal Dosimeter Issuing Policy

My institution have had a very liberal dosimeter issuing policy from
before my time. I trimmed dosimeters significantly since I took over. I
concentrated to non-radiation workers such as buildings and grounds
people. This liberal policy is still in place to workers who handle or
work around RAM.

I am collecting information whether our liberal policy is beneficial to
us. I would like to hear from other institutions about dosimeter issuing
policies and their reasonning behind them.

We have about 300 dosimeters issued per month. We use film badges and TLD
rings. About 99% are receive zero. Even reported exposures are usually a
few 10's at most.

I would appreciate your responces and thank you for those who provided me
valuable advices before.

This is only my opinion...
Myung Chul Jo <mjo@scs.unr.edu>
(702) 784-4540(voice)