DENTAL X-RAY MACHINE SURVEYS

I am interested in knowing if the use of dental x-ray machines is regulated in
your state (or Canadian province).  My specific questions are as follows:

Do radiation protection inspectors perform on site surveys of periapical dental
units?  What skin dose limits (or "entrance exposure" limits) are recommended in
your state or province for these units?  What are the exposure limits for
panoramic and cephalometric units?

E-mail response can be sent to the mailing list or my private e-mail address, as
you prefer.  Thank-you for your assistance.

Guy Philippot, Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba