Oops

Sorry all. Dang technology! There's a nut loose on this keyboard! I
should have responded to Sandy directly.

On the health physics side, we've finally finished up decommissioning
our 3 MeV Van de Graff accelerator facility. Now the state has to give
us their blessing. Anyone want/know what to do with 62 lbs of tritiated
mercury? The one company that was interested in it wants $5000 per pound
to take it.

Anyone have any experience sending H-3 contaminated materials
(non-hazardous) to Hanford? I understand that they have taken H-3 as
NARM, but our H-3 came from Oak Ridge in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. I
believe it came from the Y-12 plant (this was before my watch here).
Sending it to Barnwell is expensive! Any suggestions/comments would be
welcome.

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/101      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer            Email: Don.Mercado@lmco.com
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611