Safety presentation to non-ra personnel

I have been contacted by our company welding and fabrication
shop to present a 15 minute Safety Meeting for the
welders/fabricators.  They are a little concerned with having to
rework (weld new security chains and pins and repaint) several
used radiation transport containers  They see the magenta
painted containers and avoid them.

They are using several varieties of thoriated weld rods and I
would like to find out more about these rods.  I also plan to
show several NORM items (petrified wood, watches, Fiesta plates,
etc.) to let them know that the little amount of radiation they
receive from everyday items is not harmful.

Any additional ideas will be very gratefully appreciated.

If you feel this information would not be of general interest on
the RADSAFE, please respond to my e-mail address directly.

David Norman
WALS Technology RSO
Western Atlas Logging Services
Houston, Texas