Re: Safety presentation to non-ra personnel

At 08:37 PM 2/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I have been contacted by our company welding and fabrication
>shop to present a 15 minute Safety Meeting for the
>welders/fabricators.  They are a little concerned with having to
>rework (weld new security chains and pins and repaint) several
>used radiation transport containers  They see the magenta
>painted containers and avoid them.

>Any additional ideas will be very gratefully appreciated.

I recommed examples from  two recent publication on this subject - IRPA 1966
INTERATIONAL CONGRESS ON RADIATION PROTECTION, 14/19 APRIL, 1966, Vienna

Radiation Protection and the Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM)
by Paschoa, A. S (Brazil) and MacDowell P. (USA) - page 611 vol 4

Radiation Protection in the Offshore Petroleum Industry, Kvasnicka, J
(Australia)
page 621 vol 4

J. J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Consultant, Radiation Safety & Regulation
for development countrry