Re: Japan - Environmental assessment - Nuke plants

Sandy Perle wrote:

>   TOKYO, Feb 3  - Japan is considering introducing an
> environmental assessment law that would include guidelines on
> construction of nuclear power plants, a Trade Ministry official
> said on Monday.

Oh boy.  If they pass such a law without extremely careful consideration
of what has happened in the USA, Japan will be in real trouble
energywise.  I trust our Japanese friends on radsafe (if any) will work
hard to ensure passage of a law that doesn't hamstring the nuclear power
industry.  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov