Re: H-3 in "EXIT" Signs

     Even if 3-H is in "solid, non-dispersable form" it is almost certainly
     permeable to some solvent, acid, alkali, etc., which could release
     gaseous 3-H.  I suppose the 3-H in these signs is either an exempt
     quantity or regarded as a sealed source, as in luminous watch dials,
     polonium in smoke detectors, etc.  We certainly permit other examples
     of non-idiot-proof devices, substances, etc., into our environment.
     It is not possible to guarantee everything.

     S. Julian Gibbs, DDS, PhD                           Voice 615-322-3190
     Professor of Radiology                                FAX 615-322-3764
     Vanderbilt University Medical Center
     Nashville TN 37232-2675    Internet julian.gibbs@mcmail.vanderbilt.edu