RE: Proportional Counter?

>In reference to your offer of information about a simple gas porp.
>counter, would you also supply me with the same information. I have a NMC
>PCC11T and a PC5 which are working fine but they are getting old and I
>should know where to find one should the need occur.

Those detector designs are very elegent and, even better, very
maintainable.  For those not familiar with this product it is a
hemispherical chamber that can be used in a windowless or windowed mode,
easily disassembled and decon'ed, with replacement electrodes and windows.
[note- no commercial endorsement intended].

What you really need is simply new electronics, assuming the single sample
system is all  you still need.

[On the other hand maybe I am being sentimental since this is one of the
first systems I worked with at NIST]
--
the above are the personal musing of the author,
and do not represent any past, current, or future