Calibration "Grace Periods"

     The following questions are directed primarily at the DOE Complex, but
     solicited.

     1. Does your facility/organization utilize "grace periods" for the
     periodic instrument calibrations of your radiation monitoring
     instruments?  Yes/No

     By grace periods I mean if an annual calibration is due in January do
     you have in place any provision to allow say a 25% or 90 day extension
     for the calibration to be performed resulting in the calibration being
     required by the end of March. (DOE Order 4330.4B uses the term grace
     period, but never really defines a basis for it)

     2.  If grace periods are used/allowed are they applicable to both
     fixed instruments and portable survey instruments?

     3.  If grace periods are used/allowed what are typical values in terms
     of days or % of normal calibration interval?

     Please respond to me directly (unless you feel that the information is
     applicable for general RADSAFE posting) at:

     vern.peterson@anl.gov
     phone: 208-533-7972
     fax: 208-533-7344