Re: Firefighters and Dosemetry in the UK.

Neil:

I am working at a BWR nuclear plant in US. For the past 6 months we have
successfully been using a "telemetry Dosimetry" system. A health physics
technician can monitor up to 64 dosimeter " personnel" by sitting outside
the control area with a lap top computer, but limited to 6. The ED is
capable of transmitting the dose and dose rate. The transmition time can be
set from every 4 to 60 seconds.

The technician can program the ED to alarm at any dose or dose rate. The
computer will track of every ED by either name or a serial number and store
all the information in the computer, for future retrieval

The ED is designed such a way that transmitter portion can be removed and be
used like a regular dosimeter.

The unit is small and can be placed in the shirt pocket, under the
firefighter's clothing, which does not interfere with the transmission.

there are several companies making telemetry system

MG 1-800-
AlNOR