College courses for HP techs

For over 30 years Central Florida Community College (CFCC) has offered an
Associate of Science Degree in Radiation Protection Technology.  The
courses were delivered on campus in the typical classroom setting.
Last summer we converted the entry level course, "Introduction to Radiation
Protection Technology", to a distance learning format.  The course is modular
based and delivered with the use of video tapes (we produced), a
student manual (we wrote), and text books.  The course has been well
received by the students.

I bring this information to you because we need your input.

1.  Is there still a need for HP techs with college level training?

2.  If so, should the training culminate into a degree?

3.  If so, would the distance learning format be the most useful delivery
    method?

Please respond to me at:  rawlsr@cfcc.cc.us.fl

Thanks -

Rhonda Rawls