C-14 soil

     I am posting this to Radsafe for an individual who does not have
     access.

     Does anyone know the best method for detecting C-14 in soil samples?

     Our normal method for determining C-14 activity is the LSC. The soil
     samples, if analyzed by LSC, would exhibit significant self absorption
     and quantifying the amount of C-14 would be difficult at best. Please
     reply to my E-Mail unless you feel the information will benefit the
     users of Radsafe.

     Larry_R_Sanders_at_~BMI4@battelle.org
     Larry R. Sanders
     Battelle Memorial Institute