Re: Queries

At 15:12 19.02.1997 -0600, you wrote:
>Pauline Jones' note on February 19, 1997 telling about the aborted fetus
>sparked another idea.  Is it too much of a leap to think that the death
>of that fetus could be directly laid at the feet of the NCRP because of
>the NCRP's refusal to set a threshold and the resulting idea in the mind
>of the public that a little radiation IS harmful?  Or is that idea to
>outre?  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov

Al,

I was deeply worried by the original case. I refuse to think of any
responsibility of any NCRP or ICRP or IAEA or WHO or whatsoever. This is
simply an unexceptable and unexcusable opinion of an idiotical private
person, who should be personally be held responsible for the damage done.

During the aftermath of the Chernobyl accident I received numerous calls of
bothered and frightened women, who asked me whether they should abort their
children. They were frightened because of the media news and the fear
distributed. I have all of them asked to abondan these thoughts and to
accept my assurance that no harm will be to the children being born after
having been exposed to the Chernobyl contamination in Austria, which was the
highest outside of the Ukraine and Bjelorussia. I have received neither
positive nor negative comments, which assures me that my advice was right.

I am not so familiar with US regulations, which might be well known from
previous questions, but I do not believe that any regulation proposes
abortion at certain levels of exposure.

I have been working for more than 23 years with radiation. I am a proud
father of three children 19, 17 and 16 years old, being extremely successful
in school, all of them are top basketball players, who dream of studies in
the USA at colleges, optimizing their basketball skills. I can hardly
imagine what I would have done to anybody, who had proposed to abort these
great children because of my dose received.......

Franz
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 WIEN