Multiple Dosimetry - ANSI N13.41 vs. Reg guide 8.34

I was looking for confirmation and possibly resolution of an
inconsistency that I found.  The new ANSI standard (N13.41-1997)for
monitoring personnel with multiple dosimetry recommends the use of
compartment factors to weight the dosimeter results from the various
body locations.  The sum of the weighted doses is recorded as the DDE
for the job evolution.

Reg gude 8.34 step 2.2 provides "An acceptable alternative" whereby
the different body parts are tracked  and the location with the highest
dose would be recorded as the DDE.

The Reg guide is obviously more conservative than the ANSI standard
and I was wondering if anybody has heard from the NRC on this issue.

Thanks,

Jamie Mallon, CHP
Millennium Services, Inc.
207-882-5643