Contaminated Crates?

A  citizen who moved here from Ukraine 5 years ago has a concern. Seems she
has discovered the wooden crates she used to ship her personal belongings in
were made from trees harvested from the areas close to Chernobyl. I'm not
sure how she knows this but she seems pretty sure.

Her question is should she be concerned about continuing to use these
crates. I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks about this. Also, if
anyone can recommend any studies/articles related to this specific topic
(not Chernobyl in general) I'd be grateful. Thanks

Dwayne Gardner
CT DEP
dwayne.gardner@po.state.ct.us
Fax: 860-424-4065