BIG 10 RSO meeting - further information

Further information regarding the Big 10 RSO meeting:

The Big 10 RSO meetings are generally welcomed for their relative
informality and some concerns have been raised following our recent meeting
announcement that the upcoming meeting will depart from that.  Please be
assured that this is not the intention.  We feel it is important to have
some degree of structure to the meeting, including presentation time limits
and page limits for printed matter, but our plan is for this meeting to
continue to tradition of a less formal exchange of information that have
made past Big 10 RSO meetings so valuable.  We would also like to emphasize
that this meeting is open to all who wish to attend, although we will give
preference to those from Big 10 states who wish to make technical presentations.

We have recently worked out most financial aspects of our meeting.
Registration will cost $50 per person for this meeting.  This will include a
copy of meeting proceedings, snacks during the breaks, and at least one
social event, tentatively planned as a dinner.  Display booths will be
available for $350 and this cost will include full conference participation
for two people.

At the suggestion of Al Tschaeche, we will be including in our program a
special session on competing theories of radiation dose-response (LNT,
threshold, hormesis) with regards to their effect on future regulatory
policies.  We do not yet know when this session will be held, but we'll fit
it in somewhere as it is of great interest to virtually all practicing
Health Physicists.  We anticipate this session lasting about 2.5-3 hours and
it will include a panel-type question and answer session at the end.

As before, please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding
presentations and Jeanne McGuire (same phone number) regarding display space.

Andrew Karam, CHP (karam.1@osu.edu)
Office of Radiation Safety
The Ohio State University
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH  43212

Phone: (614) 292-1284   Fax: (614) 292-6404	Alt fax:   292-7002