DataChem Software Used to Prepare For Part I

     I used the DataChem software as part of my preparation for Part I.
     I feel that this software can be helpful when used as part of one's
     overall exam taking strategy.

     I took Parts I and II together and spent almost all of my time
     studying for Part II.  However, I feel that one of the best parts of
     my preparation was taking practice tests.  Since I was taking the two
     parts together, I took a Part I test each day I took a Part II test.
     I printed my Part I test questions from DataChem, and I feel that
     answering these questions helped me prepare for answering the
     questions on the actual test.

     However, with that said, I feel that no more than 10-20% of the
     questions on the actual test were even remotely similar to the
     questions I took on the DataChem tests.  This was despite the fact
     that during my practice test taking exercises I went through almost
     the entire DataChem bank.

     I passed Part I (and II) so I don't know about the guarantee, but I
     would caution anyone who thinks that they can adequately prepare for
     Part I by simply studying the questions/solutions available from this
     or similar software products.  DataChem is probably betting that most
     of the people willing to fork out the cash for their software are
     serious enough to be well prepared for the exam.

     Jerry Barber, CHP
     M4 Environmental
     Oak Ridge, TN 37830
     (423) 220-7673