Airplane crash -Reply

Les, I know several people who worked on the Aircraft
project.  They tell me it never did get off the ground, as was
said previously there were tests completed but the idea of a
reactor driven plane was never actually put into practice.
Further, the Navy never would have consented to the use of a
naval reactor for the engine.  I confirmed this E-mail with
someone who was actually a design engineer on the project.

Btw the hanger and the shielded train that were going to be
used for the plane were still at Idaho as of a 1990.

Dan