nuclear powered airplanes

     There is an interesting website at:

     http://www.oz.net/%7Echrisp/ebr.htm

     that provides information and pictures about the airplane reactor
     development and testing program. It was nothing similar to a Nautilus
     class PWR. It does not mention whether they ever actually flew one or
     not, but many years ago I worked with a retired Air Force Officer that
     worked on the program. I don't remember him ever saying that they flew
     one; they just did extensive testing from what he told me.

     Steven D. Rima, CHP
     Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS
     steven.rima@doegjpo.com