Subject: Protective Clothing flammability
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
Date:    2/20/97 3:51 PM

I am posting this for a colleague.
 Last week an employee at Oak Ridge was fatally burned while using a
cutting torch to remove equipment.  Information is sought on the
flammability of cotton and other anti-c clothing normally used in industrial
facilities.  What is the standard dress for welders working in a potentially
contaminated environment ?  Where can further information on this
subject be found ?  It seems this issue will arise more and more as
nuclear and radiological facilities are demolished.  Are there standards
committees wortking on such issues ?

Please respond to Lester Clemons (lesterc@dnfsb.gov) or me
(joyced@dnfsb.gov), or if appropriate on Radsafe.

Thanks to all