Maximum quantity(grams)per year of uranyl acetate to exempt from radioactive license

Dear radsafers

I would like to receive suggestions on how to deal with our electronic

microscope laboratory workers:

1- The electronic microscope is exempt of radioactive control in Israel.

2- The uranyl acetate that is used with the microscope is considered

   radioactive( 0.17 microcurie per gram).

3- The maximum amount used per year in our laboratory is 12 g.

Is it necessary to ask for a license to use this material?

What is the ALI for uranyl acetate?

Are there any long radiation effects for such annual quantity?

What arguments can I use to convince the lab. workers that there is no
danger at all whit such quantities?

Thanking you in advance

Sergio

 Sergio Faermann Ph.D.                      Tel: 972 - 7 -6 400682/6403301
 Chief Medical Physicist                    Fax: 972 - 7 -6 232336
 Institute of Oncology                      E-mail: sergio@bgumail.bgu.ac.il
 Soroka Medical Center
 P.O.B 151 Beer-Sheva 84101
 ISRAEL