Re: Self-Guarantee

At 02:36 PM 3/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Radsafers
>
>I am looking for information on self-guarantee for decommissioning funding.
>
>Can anyone give me some guidance or point me to where I can learn more?
>
>Thank you.
>
>s.burrill@adlittle.com

What you are referring to is "financial assurance."  The requirements
are addressed in the Code of Federal Regulations in various places
depending upon the type of license that you work under.
Byproduct Materials licensees 10CFR30.35
Source Material Licensees 10CFR40.36
Special Nuclear Material Licensees 10CFR70.25
Independent Spent Fuel/HLW Facilities 10CFR72.30

See also, the Federal Register 53FR24018, June 27, 1988, and
60FR38235, July 26, 1995.

Power Reactors licensees have similar requirements, though
I am unable to quote you the exact citation for them at this
particular moment.

Best regards
Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |