Re: Advice to teachers (reply)

Brian Rees wrote:

  Is there anybody in a position to ask a commercial disposer to
  accept HS
  waste w/o charge as a public service?  That would send a responsible

  message from "our industry" to students.

  Opinions are my own
  Brian Rees
  brees@lanl.gov

Hello Brian and All,

I feel just the opposite!  By going to extreme lengths to dispose of
HARMLESS quantities of radioactivity, we send the wrong message!  We
give the false impression that any detectable amount of radioactivity is
hazardous.  What ever happened to QUANTITATIVE risk assessment??

Cheers, Wes

--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.