Re: Training and Transportation

At 10:45 AM 3/5/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi Radsafers, I remember a recent posting which provided a URL
>for an NRC document (Generic letter, Information Notice, or something)
>which provided guidance on an acceptable training program for
>personnel who prepare radioactivity for shipment.
>
>Mistakenly I thought I had preserved this posting. I've scanned the
>RADSAFE archives, and the NRC page but haven't found it yet.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>:>---                                                       ---<:
>Stanley L. Wilson, M.M.Sc	            Phone (404)-727-0729
>Deputy RSO                                  Fax   (404)-727-5904
>Emory University EHSO                       swilson@emory.edu
>312 Dental Building
>1462 CliftonRoad
>Atlanta, Ga 30322     http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~swilson/

I believe what you are looking for is Generic Letter 95-09, issued
on November 3, 1995.  To obtain an electronic copy via Internet, go to
ftp://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/nrc-gc/nrc-gc.htm
and find that generic letter.  The title for the letter is "Monitoring
and Training of Shippers and Carriers of Radioactive Materials."

Best regards
Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |