Waste disposal of trivial amounts

Well, Wes has a point, though I don't agree completely.

I do agree that disposal of trivial (exempt) quantities poses no credible
hazard to anyone or anything.

If somebody expresses a concern about waste disposal, I believe that it's
important that they know that there are safe, appropriate methods for
disposal.  This also begins to bring the issue of compacts, etc., to light
for somebody that is educating tomorrow's voters.
On the other hand, it's important for these same people to know that there
are levels that should raise no concern.

I'd suggested that perhaps a commercial disposer could "donate" disposal in
order that this option be available for people who are that concerned.

Telling somebody that "it's OK, you can just throw it away" does us all a
disservice in that they may be left with the impression that "we" have that
attitude with all our materials.  A full discussion of options will help to
educate and inform.

Opinions are my own
Brian Rees
brees@lanl.gov